So I love books and reading so thought I would share my favourite books with you all!
- Hunger games by Suzanne Collins - I am obsessed with this trilogy! Personally I think everyone should read this and it applies to all sorts of ages and both boys and girls would love these books. There is a lot of hype about these books and I can say its all worth it. The story is written so well and the plot and characters are fantastic! If you're going to read any book on this list please let it be this one!
- The Fault in our Stars by John Green - John Green is quickly becoming one of my favourite writers! He writes amazing characters and he has made me cry in several occasions. The fault in our stars is a beautiful story about a cancer patient whose life turns around because of one boy. It's beautifully written and is a great story to read, just make sure you have tissues handy
- Daughter of smoke and bone by Laini Taylor - if you like anything to do with fantasy this is a great book for you! All of the characters are amazing and the story has so many plot twist it'll keep you up all night to finish it. The story is about an art student whi has a secret life in a place called "Elsewhere" and is keen to find out where she belongs. this is the first of three books and I've only read the first one but I'm hoping to read the second one very soon
- Falling leaves by Adeline Yen Mah - this isn't a book that is normally on a teen reading list but its such an amazing book that I just have to recommend it. It's the life story about a little girl and her life with her horrible stepmother, pretty much a real life Cinderella. This book is about the authors life and it really makes you rethink your own life and situations. There are some very sad parts but overall it's a beautiful book
- Harry Potter by JK Rowling- I must admit I have only read one of the Harry potter books but I love all things Harry potter! I will read them all one day! Hopefully you'll all know the story of Harry potter from the movies but I really recommend reading them. Everyone likes a good story about magic. Personally I'm still waiting for my acceptance letter on Hogwarts
- How I live now by Meg Rossoff - This book is one I read a long time ago but I think it applies to any age up to about 19. Its a story about a girl from America living in England with her cousins and how their split up and forced to find each other. It's a really good book and Meg Rossoff is a great writer.
- Pride and prejudice by Jane Austen - I had to include a classic in this list. I'm sure most people know the story of Elizabeth and Mr Darcy from the TV adaptation or the film but the book is also great. You do need to pay full attention to the book as the dialogue can get confusing at times because you don't remember who is talking. However I think everyone needs to read a good classic and if you want a classic love story rather than the boring classics you do in school this is a great place to start.
- The Foreshadowing by Marcus Sedgewick - This is another book I read a few years ago but can be called a young adult novel e.g 13-18 maybe. This book is quite small so it won't take long to read and Sedgewick is a fantastic writer. The story is about a girl in WW1 and her ability to see death and when she sees the death of a loved one she does all she can to stop it. This is not the happiest book in the world but it does end happily and its a good book if you want something to read but you don't want something that will take up all your time to read
- Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne - This book is intended for children but I think its better to read it when you're older. Its the story of two boys in Germany during WW2 and their different lives. I think everyone should read this book as its important never to forget what happened at Auschwitz, where this book is set. I recently visited Auschwitz when on holiday in Poland and it made this book incredibly realistic. You may need some tissues nearby when reading this
- Before I die by Jenny Downham - This has recently been made into a film called Now is Good but personally I prefer the book. Its about a girl who has leukemia and writes a list of things she wants to do before she dies like drive a car, take drugs and have sex. Its a beautiful story about making the most of life and the ending is amazing!
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath - This is another classic but more recent than Pride and Prejudice. Its about a girl dealing with depression and is loosely based around the author's life. Its an amazing book but I must warn you that its also quite distressing and upsetting at times. Even so I think its a book worth reading
- The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald - After the new film came out this book became very popular and it is a book worth reading. Its all about the American Dream and I personally loved reading all about the great 1920s/1930s with the parties and glamour. Its quite a short book as well so you have nothing to lose by reading it!
These are only a few of the books that I've read and loved and I have another list of books I've yet to read. Please comment with your favourite books. I always love finding new authors.