Thursday 8 May 2014

Cheap substitutes

I know that some beauty products cost a lot of money so I thought I would give you a few pointers of where you can save money. It may only be a pound or two difference but it all adds up when you're on a budget!

Instead of dry shampoo use... Talcum powder
Talc only costs about 99p and can be used on your roots just like dry shampoo. You just have to be a little more careful to make sure you've brushed it all out! It can also be used on your feet if you tend to get sweaty feet... Admit it, we're all real and we all sweat :P talcum powder was a life saver for me this summer at festivals, I use it all the time but it barely looks like I've used any from the bottle

Instead of expensive brow gel use... Cheap clear mascara
My brows are hard to tame but brow gel is so expensive. I just bought a technic clear mascara from bodycare for 99p and it works perfectly, you can even use it as a mascara when you want a really natural makeup look

Instead of a brow brush use... An old mascara wand 
Another brow tip. Instead of buying a brush especially for your brows save your old mascara wand. If you wash the brush enough it can be used to tame those brows and saves you money 

Instead of expensive perfume use... Fruit body spray
I know every girl loves to use perfume to smell nice and I do too on special occasions. But on those days when you want to smell nice but don't want to use up your favourite perfume use a spray. I use the natural collection body spray in passion fruit from boots which only cost me £2. It smells really nice and there are so many sprays out there that will suit everyone's tastes

Instead of buying expensive lip scrub... Make your own
When your lips get chapped it can be expensive to buy a lip scrub but you need something. I made my own with brown sugar and a little bit of honey, it can be messy but it definitely works, and tastes good too :P

Instead of shaving gel use... Conditioner
If you want super smooth legs but don't see the point in spending money on shaving gel, use your conditioner. When you're in the shower and have conditioned your hair, use an extra bit on your legs before you shave them, it makes them silky smooth and lasts a while, all without spending any extra money.

Instead of spot cream use... Toothpaste
Toothpaste may not do the same job but toothpaste can help with red spots. Just dab a small bit of toothpaste on a red spot and leave it for about 20 minutes. Then wash it off and the redness will have gone 

I hope these ideas help and save you some precious pennies. If you guys have any more ideas feel free to comment and add them :)

xxCiaoxx

No comments:

Post a Comment