So its coming up to the end of my first year at University and I'm feeling very nostalgic. The last 3 weeks have been hectic with exams and I've finally had a chance to relax and spend time with friends. It has also made me realise that I'm going to be away from Uni for 3 months over summer and its hard to leave.
At university you make so many good friends and you spend so much time with them, especially your flatmates who you see everyday. Its going to be a shock not having them just down the corridor all the time.
But we're making the most of the time we have left together so I thought I'd tell you guys a bit about it. Whether you're in the same position as me or its your last summer at home before you go away to uni or you're even moving away you may need ideas to enjoy the time you have so here are some of the things I've done and other ideas to spend time with your friends over the summer!
- Watch a band perform - We went to go and see Rudimental at our student union club and had a great night http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC1tewsrb-U
- Organise a day out together - we visited alton towers the other day to celebrate the end of exams and it was so much fun
- Have a barbeque - make the most of the weather when it's good, which is hardly ever here in the UK, and ask all your friends over. Its an easy way to just relax and hang out together
- Visit your local cinema - there are always good films on, particularly this summer and I've found that if you have a friend with very similar taste in films and you are separated by uni or something else, films are a good way to stay connected and keep talking
- Go for a walk - hikes may not be for everybody but even a small walk in a nice area gives you a chance to see lots of friends and have a good catch up
- The beach! - its an easy day out to enjoy the sunshine and can be a great way for everyone to spend time together
Just remember to take lots of photos, pictures are a great way to remember your friends and make your uni room or any room feel like yours :) So don't take friends for granted and enjoy the time you have with them!!!! xx